View Single Post
Old 04.24.2007, 11:16 PM   #1
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I don't want this thread to turn into a self-esteem booster for anyone, I was just thinking of this in light of my final project in painting class, which is supposed to be a self-portrait.

I'm okay with the way I look, mostly because I don't usually attract good or bad attention based on my appearance. I think of myself as kind of a blank slate.

There aren't any guidelines for this self-portrait other than that it has to be a certain size, but we are supposed to at least think about how we see ourselves and how other people see us (it terms of both appearance and personality).

A lot of people in class are working their likes/interests into their painting, but I don't want to do that. I don't want it to be about music or movies or books that I like. That's crap.

The only ideas I've had so far include a caricature, or something that involves my cat. I don't think my features would lend themselves well to a caricature though. And I've never painted an animal before.

I am not looking forward to beginning this project.

So if you could, Please share your thoughts on your own appearance and the way you perceive yourself as well as the way others perceive you (the way you want to be perceived, and the way things are in reality). Stick mainly to appearance rather than personality, as I've had enough of those threads where everyone is describing their personalities.

Also I'm not really asking anyone for advice on my painting. I just want to see how everyone answers the questions I've asked, because I want to know how you all think. And hopefully that alone will help me with my painting rather than any direct advice I could get.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|