View Single Post
Old 09.29.2008, 01:25 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
pengo has evolved so much throughout thier career. i first heard about them when they did an interview in blastitude (big surprise), and they talk about how at the beginning of thier career they were fully in the no new york/harry pussy/harmolodic cock noise school of thought. and then they started to become more psychedelic, but the no wave influenced remained. i then immediatley tracked down everything i could by them. i now own 'climbs the holy mountain', 'a nervous splendor', 'alchemy and bullshit', 'beaten back to infancy', 'blood in the vacuum cleaner', 'counterfeit memories', 'born without a face ep', and 'strangled by a phantom ep'. i love all of those albums, ok, well most of them. i like all of them. now i need to get this new one on chocolate monk, 'cosmologoy of the broken saints', 'tools against the tombstones', and 'unt'. not now though, im still trying to catch up to all this great wierd lo fi punk music that dj rick is constantly introducing me to via his show and website.

oh, and heres that blastitude pengo interview:

http://www.blastitude.com/17/PENGO.htm

(that same issue has fantastic articles on the ceramic hobs (!!!!), orthrelm, and sun city girls (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), as well, so if you got time id scope out the entire issue.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|