View Single Post
Old 09.28.2012, 06:58 PM   #16278
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Who do you think is the best?

Ingmar Bergman. I really think he's one of the very few filmmakers who centuries from now will be held in as much esteem as the other truly great artists of the 20th century (Stravinsky, Picasso, Joyce, etc.)

Yeah, he used the cinema to pose the deepest, most eternal questions a human can ask.

Yeah, he made more masterpieces than I can count.

Yeah, his technical prowess is peerless. I mean, he's a DIRECTOR. Every shot means something, and every frame is loaded with information delivered as economically and inventively as possible. He's unquestionably a master at the craft.

But for me it's all about the mood. That's it. There's a mood to Bergman's films that no other filmmaker's works can evoke in me. However dour, brutal and humorless his world can sometimes be, it's an oddly comfortable world for me to inhabit.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|