View Single Post
Old 11.23.2009, 10:32 AM   #81
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
um..I like the idea of lists as recommendations more than charts.. I always like when someone writes a little description, one or two sentences or reccomend their fav track of their selected albums..It's like more human, and if you don't know any of the bands they mention, you can get a general idea of what it is like.. otherwise you just have a bunch of names and you don't even know where to start from.

about the music snobbery, I always thought there's such a problem about that. I don't know.. I'm glad I can enjoy the Sex Pistols and the Ramones as I enjoy Jandek, Bela Bartók, Penderecki and Sunn o))), there's nothing wrong about listening to loads of music, I don't think it makes you a pretentious asshole..

still I always thought bad critics are lame.. (example:'wtf, arcade fire nş3???) especially if they come from music magazines, because, good reviews can make someone give a second listen to an album, but bad reviews won't add anything, they're just a critic towards the people who like oasis or coldplay or radiohead or wolfmother or the pixies or sonic youth in order to make them think the music they listen to is shit.. a bit senseless.. a bad critic isnt going to make musicians take their albums off sale and work again in order to please everyone..

I know some people who make top 100 charts of the MONTH, is like 100 albums per month....personally I need time to build an obsession with a particular album, last obsession I had was with 'The Idiot' by Iggy Pop, it took me weeks..and it's not even 2009..
I always need time for good new music but i also NEED TIME to listen to my fav old records or even time to DISCOVER great OLD music...and that time just makes it impossible to make a monthly top 100 of new stuff..

Is alright if you can listen to loads of music but I wonder if they ever listen to these albums again of if theyre just stored in their hardrive and are played twice a year... I enjoy being obsessed with an album a lot more than listening to an album, like it a bit and say its worth a #29..

Anyway, if these people do enjoy and get obsessed with every single album of their weekly top 10, I really envy them and wish I could be like them.

I'm workingn my list.. ¬¬
[Sandbag] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|