View Single Post
Old 03.08.2015, 07:16 AM   #326
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
copy paste from here:

Quote:
Greetings all –
My name is Alison. I’ve been a Low fan since I first heard I Could Live In Hope. I’m a researcher and for the past few years I’ve been nursing a secret hope that I’d find a way to do a book project on Low – or, rather, on loving Low, on being in love with music, on enthusiasm and what it can do when you have a relationship to a work of art. So I’ve decided to commit to it, and to do this thing. And to do this thing I’m going to ask for your help.
For the last few years I’ve been collecting sort of oral histories of being in love with a band and its music from everyone I run across that loves Low. Now I’m hoping that some of you might be up for a chat. We could meet in person if our paths cross, or talk over skype or google hangouts, or write e-mails back and forth if that makes the most sense for you. But if you love this music I would like to talk to you. You can be anonymous or go by your name, and anything else you’re concerned about we can talk through. But I would love to talk to you.
I’m also looking for information. If you have archived e-mails from the old mailing lists, the files from your old fan website that isn’t up anymore, old anything, and you’d feel comfortable sharing, it would mean a lot to me. I have, I think, done as much as I can with the wayback machine, and there’s so much I remember that is lost. Maybe you have some of it.
About me: I’ll put a link to my website below, and there’s some information there. Put very shortly, I used to work as an artist, and then I went to grad school and became a sociologist. I’ve just finished a PhD and started a postdoc, for which I’ll be moving (back) to Sweden later this year. If you want to know about the kind of writing I do, here’s a link to something-
http://narrative.ly/stories/the-nigh...-indie-artist/
In general I’ve been interested for the past years in art and work and value, generally. And my now not-so-secret project about Low.
I hope you’ll get in touch. I’d love to talk.
Hope all is well-
Alison
alisonkgerber@gmail.com
akgerber.com

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|