View Single Post
Old 04.25.2015, 01:35 PM   #46507
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
@ severian

ah yes since you mentioned southern lord bands how could i forget sunn.

i wasn't trying to list related things but rather things gmku should listen to from this century which are, well, memorable. MEMORABLE. since he questioned that, and some originality as well.

i cant listen to a lot of sunn but hey, there's a band you won't confuse with anyone else.

-

those late deerhoof records i have heard but not really listened to-- i can't really listen to them. they make me sad. i'm not saying that they're inherently BAD but after the promise of their early-century output the letdown wounds me.

they went through many personnel rotations and even a divorce and i think that was the watermark brought on the changes. the pop side is probably satomi's greater input, i'm assuming. for a while she went & formed this pop band-- i forget the name. i love her, but i can't say i *really*like the funky grooves and vampy synths. maybe if they went by a different name i'd be more accepting. i did have fun with such tracks on green cosmos but i thought they were more of a humorous thing not a change in direction.

oh and yes LIARS. shit, i need to catch up with them a bit.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|