View Single Post
Old 04.25.2015, 08:17 AM   #46502
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
JTo me Deerhof sounds like a combination of Beefheart & Hip Hop.

WHICH deerhoof though? like i said they've been all over the place.

kinda like judging the rolling stones by their undercover album, ha ha.

Quote:
Pelican is just boring.

a little, yes, but in a good way. you have to engage them in their own terms instead of demanding they fit your expectations.

Quote:
Same kind of melodic heavy has made thousands of records.

correct. which is why i said they should be playing on classic rock stations. it's a great rock sound. not commercial enough though.

Quote:
What makes them even more boring is they´re instrumental (their music sounds like they have just recorded the bases in the studio and somebody is going to add vocals).

noooo! that's the best part. metal without the mental retardation. a couple of months ago while driving they were playing metallica on the radio and i say to my wife: "i could just love this band if they just shut the fuck up and play. if i could mute the vocal track somehow, i'd listen to this all day. but no, they have to open their pieholes AND RUIN IT."

you can see why i like pelican. they have the decency to shut the fuck up.

Quote:
nimal Collective I have find boring before (well they have some elements that sound ok, but that´s all).

some of their records definitely are. i stopped listening to them some time ago. but they are far from forgettable though, that's the thing-- they have a distinctive & memorable sound.

i mentioned these bands in reply to gmku's search for something "memorable" that stood out vs. the 90s. you remember his post yes? context.

Quote:
In the same thread somebody is saying Pink Floyd´s boring somebody says these great. I don`t get it. Well, I can stay in the great music of 60-70ties.

hold on jorge. just stop right there. i can't be personally blamed for some fucktard's notions just because i'm "in the same thread". by that logic, you're guilty too.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|