View Single Post
Old 02.06.2009, 09:54 AM   #17
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek

the eighties matchbox b-line disaster - horse of the dog
"no death records", 2002

Gutter-blues punk rock from a small English band that no one's heard of. When I was younger I would hear this band on the TV and think how amazing and crazy it was, after collecting their two studio albums they seemed to have just faded into obscurity. Anyway, I've been listening to their two studio albums a lot again recently and thought that this is indeed essential. Though they take their sound from the 80s art punk of bands like Bauhaus, they mend them into a more modern non-dated sound. I actually think their other record 'The Royal Society' is better than this due to it's more mature sound but I chose this for it's insane replay value. So yeah, check it out.

I saw them at Glastonbury some years back. I didn't think much of them.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|