View Single Post
Old 04.05.2012, 01:32 AM   #1233
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
Bayern is great! When Ribery, Robben, Muller and Gomez are on the attack with Schweinsteiger in the middle it's like the fucking Blietzkrig! Ha ha, pushing the war stereotypes to absurdity (and that's a French muslim, a Dutchman, and a son of Spanish immigrants there!). I hope can you catch them on TV one of these days--beautiful offense. Dortmund is also an amazing team though I don't know them so well--I watch every Bayern game that's made available here though.

Yeah, I do really want to see them, and can't wait for the game against Real Madrid. It's gonna be fascinating. I tend not to like Mourinho sides but I have to respect them. Although that Bayern attack does look ridiculous.

Chelsea and Barcelona is gonna be great too. Big grudge match for Chelsea and possibly the last CL campaign for some of their big players. And as brilliant as Barcelona can be, I've honestly not been as impressed with them this year. They definitely seem more beatable now, and if Chelsea click I think it could be a far closer game than some might expect. I'm expecting a titanic game from Terry.

Quote:
ESPN3, which streams games on the web here in the Yooessay, plays a lot of German games and only a couple of occasional English ones. Maybe it's a cost thing, since Fox Soccer (yes I said those 2 ugly words) is a premium cable channel that shows Premier League games and they presumably hog the rights. Who knows-- but yeah those stereotypes are bananas.

If you get the right Sky package you can see pretty much everything but besides a mild cultish interest in Serie A and La Liga, football culture here is pretty insular. I'd say that the vast majority of fans only really take an interest in European sides during the CL, and even then only when they're playing English teams. The only non English team that get any kind of significant coverage here is probably Barcelona. And most of that focuses on Messi. The widespread belief is that continental leagues play 'better' football than the Prem, but that the Prem is more exciting and intense. I've not seen enough of the other leagues to know if that's true but I have to admit that I've always found Serie A in particular to be really boring in comparison. I've developed a real soft spot for the Dutch league, though. Very similar in its way to the Prem. Very full on. I do really wanna see more of the German league though.

Quote:
bits of opera in the stadium? [edit: oh, apparently it happens in japan too -- another axis country, ha ha ha]

Haha. That Japanese clip is amazing, although in defence of the Allies, English fans have been adapting arias for decades.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|