View Single Post
Old 10.10.2016, 07:46 PM   #1118
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no this is actually what they more or less have always been

Not exactly sure what you're referring to--televised US presidential debates? I didn't say "since 1960" because even though that was the first one, there was a sixteen year gap until they became a permanent part of the landscape in 1976. And I've seen taped portions of the 1960 debate--Kennedy and Nixon acted more or less like adults. I didn't think Nixon had it in him.

If you mean US presidential debates in general, I think Lincoln's debates were of a much higher quality than the ones on television.

As for debates in general, a proper debate, where one side supports a premise and the other attacks it, can be very enlightening and bears no relationship to Andre The Giant threatening Hulk Hogan.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|