View Single Post
Old 11.27.2006, 03:17 AM   #1028
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Them independent stores could still put reasonable prices on their cds, but they don't because they want to make a more than reasonable profit. Which is fair enough, but the corporates want that too. Where as you get independent labels etc like Dischord who sell their albums for $10 when they could charge alot more than that and still sell albums, but they choose not to. Although, all this said, I was more referring to my town. We mainly only have independent secondhand stores here, and they buy cds for like $4 and sell them for $16 or so. When you can go to JB HIFI and buy it brand new for $18. Greed.

Edit - Oh and I over heard one of them stores in particular going on about how young people really don't like Tom Waits, and we just listen to him to look like artists as we drink cheap goon to help the facade. A fucken idiot is a fucken idiot whether independent or not. I'll always choose independents, but not if I'm going to be purposely taken for a ride / ripped off.

Totally....I respect Dischords business stance but it doesn't favour us in Australia as postage directly from them is a killer but buying their albums in stores as also expensive.

I've worked in an independent record store before and Shock who distributes dischord charge a fair bit, you still wouldn't make that large a profit selling dischord CDs for $28.