View Single Post
Old 10.24.2016, 10:39 AM   #1393
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
from Electoral Vote.com

GOP strategist and pollster Frank Luntz appeared on "Face the Nation" on Sunday, and opined that Donald Trump was probably (but not definitely) going to lose the election. Luntz lamented the lost opportunity, declaring that victory in 2016 should have been a "slam dunk" for the Republican Party.

He's right! It should have been a GOP year. Historically speaking, after two terms of Democrat, there has almost always been a GOP bounce back. A year and a half ago, I was thinking we'll be lucky to get a moderate republican. But I thought if any politician in the world can beat the odds, land this seat and keep the lid on the pot, it's Hillary Clinton.

It's not over yet of course. Hillary will have to beat historical precedent and make history in earnest. And those electoral projections are still far closer than they should be, so I'm not about to start sleeping well at night. But I'm not sure anyone else would have much of a chance at all.

With Obama, a certain expectation of progress was established, and it's my hope that old whit guys have a harder time vying for office from this point forward. Within 25 years, people will want to see an openly gay president, and maybe they'll even get one in a century. But minorities are fired up now, and that spells bad news for the GOP in the years to come.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|