View Single Post
Old 05.25.2015, 08:45 AM   #46719
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
morrison is the weirdo here. richman is normal... he's straight! and he wants to... take your place. because you're always stoned.

That's WHY Richman's weird. His normalcy is exactly what makes him "weird" (in a traditional rock frontman context). But yeah, in the real world of course the dude who sings "I'm the lizard king" is the freak.

---

I'll listen to Mackaye later. I'm 3 minutes in and bored out of my mind, but I think it's just me.

But I've been wondering:
Do I want my rockstars to drink deep from the Dionysian cup?

Skimming through Keith Richard's Life was depressing. All the deaths, addictions, unwanted pregnancies. The Stones were a black hole sucking in all sorts of nastiness. But very, very rock n' roll.

And how boring is the clean and sober band, with happily married members, the sort of people who'd rather hit the gym than fuck a groupie?

I dunno.

All I know is I picked up the Van Halen at the library because it was a sunny day and I wanted to listen to some dumb fun rock while I drove around running errands. (Too bad it happened to be a bad record and a little too dumb.)

But I also picked up a folk anthology. Cuz I'm an American and those brave boys died on the beaches of Normandy so that I wouldn't have to choose.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|