View Single Post
Old 11.18.2013, 02:46 PM   #294
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
harsh but true

"
The ball was less than 10 feet from the goal line but Schaub might as well have been asked to throw it across the Pacific Ocean. There was a zero percent chance anything good was going to happen there and everyone knew it. I knew it. Schaub knew it. Andre Johnson knew it. All of the people in the stadium knew it. All of the people on all of the continents knew it and so did the Raiders and so did any actual real raiders that happened to be watching the game or listening to it on radios or however it is that a raider would consume a football game.
The ball was hiked, Schaub threw it way too early to Johnson, Johnson caught it, then he was tackled by 90 people at the 1-yard line. An offside call gave the Texans another opportunity to disappoint everybody so that's what they did; Schaub didn't even get the ball to any of his receivers' hands on his second attempt, instead opting to try to throw it through a mass of Raiders defenders.
After the series, the superheroically even-tempered Johnson was moved to say not nice things to Schaub on the sideline. It was the first time in his decade's worth of games in the NFL that he was so offended by a quarterback's play that he felt compelled to do such a thing, remarkable considering he existed through the David Carr era. I can think of no greater indictment." - Shea Serrano ESPN Grantland