View Single Post
Old 01.19.2018, 02:54 PM   #50317
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
good story. Thank you for the thoughtful response.

That said, you and I just have different taste (though, overlapping at times) and we think differently about well... I don't know how to phrase it. You see things as like "oh I used to like A, but then I heard B, so A became shit and I left it behind." But I'm the type that doesn't stop liking A or B or C just because I've gotten into D. I go through phases, sure. But I always value that everything I've liked led to something else. Like every song I've ever heard is part of my musical DNA.

SY is my fav band of all time. Wilco is probably my favorite active band in the world. But I also value equally all the 90's 'alternative' and hip hop that I grew up on; all the jazz that I've binged on off-and-on for 20 years; the more mainstream hip hop and pop that I've enjoyed in recent years and so on. It's all stuff that means something to me in some way.

I also think I'm just less judgmental than you are about music. That's not a knock in any way. But our personalities are different. It's pretty rare that you find me saying any music is "shit" really. Not that I don't hate anything. I think I just tend to ignore/not post about things that don't interest me is all.