View Single Post
Old 08.11.2010, 01:45 PM   #117
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Yes but, this is a forum about SY, a VERY guitar-oriented band, and still you can find people here who dislike Daydream Nation, or anything else the band did record.
So why wouldn't electronic music be criticized, in that regard?
Because Sonic Youth is one band, while electronic music is a whole culture (or rather, actually, many different cultures). You may criticize, I don't know, fidget house, or dubstep, or minimal techno, I don't know, whatever your taste is. But criticizing any music made with electronic instruments? Ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Sure. I like some electronic music myself.
But maybe you'll admit that there's a lot of dull techno (listen to 'fréquence gay'!)
In my opinion there is much more dull rock music than dull techno. And dull rock is REALLY, REALLY dull, to the point that it makes you want to puke, while you can often forget the super shit aspects of stupid techno tunes and still have fun - I did not say ALWAYS.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|