View Single Post
Old 06.19.2016, 04:58 PM   #48002
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Have you heard Feelin Kinda Free? It's got an absolutely kickass opener in "Private Execution." It's definitely worth a listen or twenty.

Do I LOOK like I'm made of money? Wilco tickets, Pylon pre-order, Brian Case pre-order, Carla Bozulich pre-order I'm as broke as Puerto Rico. Almost. But I will get Feelin Kinda Free as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Used to be that I thought of the Drones as Liars-lite. Now they've become the band I wish to hell Liars had become, and are on a much more kickass path.
That's kind of an off comparison... I understand Feelin Kinda Free has more electronic shenanigans than previous Drones albums, but they've been more of a demolishing garage/roots-rock-noir rock & roll band (with one helluva Shane McGowan meets Kurt Cobain force of nature on vocals).

Anyway, I've built my Drones collection chronologically ever since Courtney Barnett (this was when she just had the two EPs) said that when she went to the States interviewers would ask her what music she liked, and when she'd answer "The Drones", people would go, "...Who?"

Speaking of, this torrent is still alive:

Patti Smith's 'HORSES' (Courtney Barnett, Jen Cloher, Adalita, Gareth Liddiard) - 2015-10-18 Melbourne Festival, Melbourne, AU - Complete Webcast [1080p]

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|