View Single Post
Old 07.10.2014, 07:49 AM   #37415
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh, i just spent some time looking at jenny saville paintings online. i think i want a book.

i see what you're saying about abstract + figure. one of her pictures at the gagosian website looks like that--- the woman with the babies and the big black marks-- but also i think the way some of her older pictures construct volumes from flat splats of color. her palette is brighter too so i see that where you're going.

and as someone who works with a camera on occasion, let me say i hope you can find and work with a model soon.

here's why-- because the camera flattens and lies. it's different from the eye in interpreting volume and perspective and color gamut and dynamic range, and so a photograph is already a highly reductive/abstracted representation of objects in space. i'm not saying it's not a valid starting point for a painting though, i'm just saying it's different, and i suspect you might madly enjoy working with real folds of skin in your mediterranean light (which i don't know how used to it you are but to me it's amazing) and see things a photograph does not.

i know it can get expensive though but maybe you can find the right exhibitionist for your voyeurism.

and are the meat paintings from photos too? or do you have a friendly butcher?

meat is amazing.

thank you for posting your work.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|