View Single Post
Old 02.03.2011, 12:44 AM   #13981
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Zombieland

8/10

I really liked this one, but at the same time I'm not sure if I'd make it a point to see it again. Woody Harrelson certainly did a good job as always, and Bill Murray's cameo was certainly a plus. I liked the use of on-screen text for the "rules" Jesse Eisenberg's character came up with, and how they kept referring back to them. Kinda felt like Shaun of the Dead meets Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, even though Edgar Wright was in no way involved.

The Fifth Element

8/10

I've seen it a couple times before, but it's been awhile, so I decided to give it a watch to see if it still holds up. For the most part it does. I love Moebius' designs, the drum-heavy score, and how well Gary Oldman pulls off a Southern drawl (this was the first role I saw him in and was shocked to learn he's English). It took a few watches to realize it, but I appreciate the film's underlying message that the REAL 5th element is love itself-how else could a weapon designed to destroy pure evil work? Chris Tucker's character dances between hilarious and annoying (as he always does), though.