View Single Post
Old 07.03.2010, 05:09 PM   #4
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
at least they played dirty boots a few years ago.but its still a rare "sonic youth live song" i guess.the first i heard from the youth was dirty boots, because it is the opener of goo, wich was my first album in, oh 2006.for me its a very important song.if someone would ask me about the most "important" (popculture) song from the sonics i would say yeah man teenage riot, kool thing, dirty boots.the point is they played tr and kthing allot during the last years,even schizophrenia or erics trip.in my 5 shows i saw since 2007 in munic the played every single song above in every show i was.when i think back, i think dirty boots would have been the better opener at the "arena vienna" than bull in the heather.the location there fits completley phenomenal to a song like dirty boots.if anybode ever was at the "arena vienna" he will understand i think.but anyway.of course its their business what they play,but youst my thoughts to this.one last comment: dity boots has the only short kurt cobain style screaming part in sonic youth history shortly before the grungy solo comes in.love that.(and love it much more at the goo deluxe version ).

@ann ashtray: thanks for sharing your experiences with music during the business.

ps: would be great to hear lee2 one day live.another song from goo.ok it didnt made it on the record but anyway a excellent song.

yeah thats how it all started: dirty boots, lee2,cinderellas big score and tunic.this is how i felt in love with sonic youth.

flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|