Thread: Hype Williams
View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 07:27 AM   #8
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
fantastic group, definitely among the last great visionaries of pop music.

at first I wasn't sure about it (specifically the redeemer) either as it all but did away with that decayed sound which drew me to them in the first place, but once I ascertained what he was trying to achieve with it after a couple of listens I was hooked. thinking back to seeing him fucking destroyed on-stage, just prior to the album's release in front of a really sparse crowd before any of us knew what the hell to expect from the record really helped to amplify my love for what he does.

I'm assuming that all post-hype projects are going to continue to accentuate their own divergent contributions to the group (inga the dub-pop goddess, albeit a more fractured version, and dean as a creator not so much of a particular style as he is their signature aesthetic irrespective of the means with which he conjures their inimitable feeling). still, I'd prefer to see them working together, obviously.

also sxc new dean choon http://www.tinymixtapes.com/chocolat...lunt-hennessey
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|