View Single Post
Old 03.10.2018, 12:35 PM   #163
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Fair enough. That was a pretty obnoxious ad. Why is he speaking to an empty auditorium? I don't get that.

I tried reading his book, but that was pretty obnoxious too.

I find a lot of his albums contain three or four good songs, surrounded a bunch of filler. Not all, but most.

But those three or four songs are fantastic. I made a personal "best of" Common mix, and it's the greatest thing ever. He's generally an excellent lyricist. His positivity has undoubtedly made shitty lives better. To the best of my knowledge, he's never endorsed a liquor product.

Parents and kids can dig Common, which is kind of corny but also kind of cool.

I dunno. I can think of at least a dozen contemporary rappers who deserve hate more than Common.

I’m not even that big of a Common fan all things considered, but acting like he hasn’t been a positive force in hip-hop is absurd. Talking about the guy who single-handedly send Ice Cube to the children’s movie circuit.

He may be a corny wanker on TV (I don’t know — I don’t watch commercials because... uh... I’m too hardcore for that? And also they have nothing to do with the music of the artist who might appear in them), but he’s released some absolute classics.

I also kinda like him. I’ve seen him in a few movies and he’s a fairly likeable dude, it seems.

Young Thug just changed his name to SEX or some stupid shit, which isn’t a publicity stunt at all, and certainly doesn’t smack of the desperation of impending obsolescence.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|