View Single Post
Old 08.23.2018, 08:13 AM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
If he was like me with a very sheltered upbringing and controlling parents, I didn't hear cool music until high school. Just didn't know it was happening

Yeah, but my dog my dog — read the quote. He’s saying he saw Nirvana and became obsessed with them when he was a junior in high school. He’s only a few years older than I am — a junior in ‘94 at the *earliest.* Was Nirvana playing fucking house parties in 1994, after dropping Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide and In Utero? The same year they dropped Unplugged In New York?! The same year Kurt died?!!?

For fuck’s sake, Kurt only lived through the first quarter of 1994. He was in and out of rehab and on tour in fucking ITALY and FRANCE and elsewhere for be brunt of those months.

By this time, Nirvana may have been behind Pearl Jam in record sales, but in terms of the cultural discussion, they were the fucking Beatles by a year *before* when Banks said (or, rather, heavily implied) that he saw them.
It’s not about whether he was sheltered or not... he’s saying this happened, and it sounds like he’s telling someone else’s story and getting the details wrong.

Man, no way. No fucking way. That’s the same year I saw Nirvana — something I honesty don’t remember well enough to count among my concert conquests (shit) — and they were only in the states for a minute in 1994. They certainly weren’t playing any goddamn Jersey subdivisions.

I call bullshit on this fucker. Bull fucking shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|