View Single Post
Old 11.26.2006, 09:01 PM   #1017
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Yeah, I'm all for independance and abolishing the evil empires, but when the indendant stores charge just as much, if not more, than the corporations, then they're just as bad if not worse. Just saying "But we're independant" doesn't give them a right to rip you off. I think most of them lose the meaning of why they are independant... actually most of them are only independant only until the corporates ask them to play with them.

Dischord are very credible. I respect Ian Mackaye a great deal.

You know why independent stores are more expensive than say JB Hi Fi in Australia. Because the big stores have the power of purchasing in bulk. JB Hi Fi would get their CDs for half the price as your independent because they buy 100's of them.

Plus in the case of JB Hi Fi they put their prices down to begin with and spy on what the independents stock in order to try and put them out of business.

Their business tactic is to put everyone else out of business then put the prices up.

Sorry to sound like a wanker but I will never buy from major record stores as they don't really give a fuck about music.