View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 09:51 AM   #79
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't read through this whole thread just the last coupel pages and have to respond to

"Let's say six or seven very cool, artistically-inclined people get together to jam. Since none have outstanding musical ability,"
ifyou're stating the NNCK guys have no musical ability you are just 100% WRONG. Matt Heyner is one of the most in demand young standup bassists in the downtown NYC scene, I've seen him play in half a dozen different free music lineups and the man can fucking play (in fact he's playing tonite at the stone with Matt Lavelle and Ryan Sawyer). I've also seen him play electric bass, guitar and drums on other bands with more than acceptable proficiency. I've seen the other guys on in other bands play their gear with more than simple proficiency.

"seem to remember miighty flashlight being rubbish though"
he's a fine songwriter but acoustic singer/songwriting it is not my thing.

NNCK are not a rocknroll band. Its not boogie dance pop narcotic music. It requires serious listening. Its not background music for video games or driving gto the mall. Some people don't like it. That's valid. I've got a couple of their albums but none of them hold up to the deep consciousness wedge of their live sets...

I first saw NNCK in 98 BTW...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|