View Single Post
Old 07.24.2007, 06:01 AM   #22
to.w
children of satan

to.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's assesto.w kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensic Scene
that album is really genius in the way it sounds as a whole. it really blends the songs into a solid album. not many albums do that besides like NYC Ghosts and Flowers (which is so underrated beyond belief). I think that it is an album that has many cruel undertones and pain. "Unmade Bed" is certainly about the painful wishes and regrets that come with a desired man. ""Stones" is about the dead and hippy drug gen./culture. "Dude Ranch Nurse" always had a hint of sadism in it. "Peace attack" and "Paper Cup Exit" are both political in a dark sense. Thats why the album is great bc it has no central theme, but the music/instruments certainly make it feel that way.

at least, this is one interesting answer! thank you Forensic Scene! I actually agree with you! I even see NYC G&F, Murray Street and Sonic Nurse as 3 "concept albums" (I don't really like this expression, but it's the closest to my idea). Three albums about politics, urban landscapes, laughing at the ridiculous, emphasizing magic... They're the best SY trilogy after a)b)z)...

myhand.thanx records
to.w is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|