View Single Post
Old 12.02.2015, 08:41 PM   #47533
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Right now I'm listening to the reissue of Sun City Girls' Torch of the Mystics. Song: "Space Prophet Dogon" ... What an insanely awesome LP.

Before that it was the second half of GY!BE's Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress. Because, y'know.. Godspeed you! Black Emperor did in fact release an album this year, quickly forgotten though it may have been.

It's a good little album. "Piss Crowns Are Trebled" has a classic Godspeed feel to it. Could have been on Skinny Fists. I like the bagpipes and the crunches that makes up so much of the songs first half. The build is pretty basic GY!BE, but "basic" GY!BE can only really mean "familiar in its excellence" can't it?

I don't know if I gave Asunder... a fair go of it the first few times around. I loved Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend! even though a lot of crusty record store owners thought it was "demo quality". I'm going to make a point to listen to this album more over the next four weeks, because GY!BE deserves full consideration after all they've done for music, and for me in my sad little young adult hipster years.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|