View Single Post
Old 04.12.2015, 06:13 PM   #8
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I like Tim Burton's first Batman, and I like The Dark Knight quite a bit. I think the thing that I take away from the Burton version of Joker is how the whole toxic chemical origin of The Joker feels more like a Marvel origin story, since so many Marvel heroes and villains get mutated and altered by radioactivity or chemicals, it feels more like a Marvel standard than a D.C. standard. I think I do like the idea of The Joker being just The Joker, with no other alias, which the Burton film didn't do. I think Burton's Joker walked this line between creepy and campy. I know the big criticism of Nolan's Joker is that there is no fun with him, he's just all violence and mayhem with no fun, but being a fan of horror films I can appreciate that dark depiction of The Joker as well.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|