Thread: At The Drive-In
View Single Post
Old 07.06.2006, 01:40 AM   #58
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Well I give them credit for it - they stood up for what they believed was right. So they wouldn't have gotten paid for that show, and they were just starting to get a good name for themselves, with the media here claiming that Relationship of Command was at that time the most important album since Nevermind by Nirvana. So to walk off that short into their set, was not a very good career plan. But they still did it, and I think thats cool.
And they did get abit of shit for walking off, then the next year at the same festival a young girl got crushed to death in the pit from a crowd surge. After that, everyoen praised them for taking a strong stance on crowd behavior.