View Single Post
Old 09.22.2008, 05:00 PM   #19
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
that is exactly what I am talking about.
not the sound, but the feel.

i think you misunderstand me to be comparing the sound, there are definite differences. I speak of the similarities to the feel.

These tunes feel like anarcho-chaos punk tunes, be they from the mid 1970s or the mid-1990s, Subhumans or Aus Rotten, Crass or Allergic to Whores, the feel is what connects many of these bands. They feel the same level of angst at the same subjects, and so they are related.

It seems to be that Black Sabbath was pissed off that the same things the punks of a few years later were pissed off about, and that Sabbath wrote an album in 69-70 that had three significant tunes about nuclear war, the corruption and depravity of the political system and the pitfalls of the military-industrial complex, now correct me if I am wrong, but are not these pivotal issues sung about in most anarcho-chaos punk albums from 75-81?

oh okay. the feel not the sound.
like how they're just thrashing the shit out of their instruments turned allthe way up and pissed off at the gov't. i get you.

yeah in othe rnews i fucking love black sabbath. especially vol. 4