View Single Post
Old 10.16.2016, 05:45 PM   #19838
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
"don't worry mom! they're slow on land!"

they also make me for the first time since coraline really want to watch a 3D movie. even though i get headaches.

i haven't seen piranha the 1978 original (it's hard to find/out of print/in license limbo) but i know it was a roger corman ripoff of jaws-- directed by joe dante, who later made gremlins.

this is probably why the beginning of gremlins is reminiscent of corman's little shop of horrors-- the narrator kinda like a detective story.

for another corman connection, i read that black sunday ran as a double feature with the original little shop of horrors.

CORMAN IS EVERYWHERE

I get headaches too. As a result, I haven't seen a 3D film since I was super wee, back when the glasses were polarized blue and red. I actually want to say it was Jaws 3(D) that I saw in the theatre like this, but it must have been a special showing because I was too young to remember anything in 1983. Hah.

I always liked the first Gremlins film. It somehow made me deeply afraid of the song "Do you Hear what I Hear?" when I was little. So much so that I actually think of Gremlins before I think of Christmas when I hear the song to this day. And it wasn't just the Grenlins. It was something about the movie... the female lead telling a story about how she hated Xmas because she lost her father to booze or some shit on some awful Xmas past. Made me shiver.
Severian is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|