View Single Post
Old 04.04.2014, 03:59 PM   #37343
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
you're implying that i just need to want it more.

as if i dont want to never do it again or something? as if in the moment when i smoke, it's desire going "wrong". so i just need this magic x that will will make my desire be good.

There are no magic x's, if anything, cigarettes or other "habits" are futile attempts at finding that magic x. What is the futility? As the Buddha suggested, "Suffering is caused by attachment or desire." There is no magic cure for attachment, it is a matter of learning how to let it go gradually. Even God(s) isn't magical enough to negate attachment instantaneously, its part of our human nature. The meaning of life is again, learning this reality of ourselves and learning better how to manage and deal with it on a daily basis.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|