View Single Post
Old 01.08.2013, 01:08 AM   #2346
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the other day w/ demonyo we were talking about defenders yeah? he didn't like either pique or sergio ramos if i recall. i find ramos annoying as shit, but gotta admit he's really good.

I like Ramos, and Piquet. I just don't think either of them are especially outstanding. Very good, yes, obviously, but I'd be surprised if we end up looking back at them as being anything more than that. As we've chatted about, changes in rules and a general infatuation with Barca/Spain-style midfields have altered the defender's role massively, so my problem is trying to square new methods and approaches with more outdated ones. Although I do still think that too many of today's supposedly great defenders are falling down on some pretty fundamental stuff when they're required simply to defend (proven by a player like Marcello making the FIFA XI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Not Hummels? Neymar? Fellaini? (I jest on the last one...slightly..)

I suppose the argument is if they were that good, they'd be playing for either Real or Barcelona. I obviously don't agree with that but I suppose there is at least a grain of truth to it. I'm inclined to agree about Hummels, though. And Lahm should arguably be in there ahead of either Alves or Marcello, two players definitely riding on the coat tails of their teams' successes.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|