View Single Post
Old 05.06.2011, 01:18 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
where have I blamed America? I believe I said Qatar, Italy and France. America does not buy any oil from Libya.

Gaddafi is nothing but a glorified playboy warlord. "the people" would certainly be better off without him, but ultimatley, at the higher echelons of this "revolution" you will surely find the same corrupting greed. there is simply too much fucking money at stake.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to floatingslowly again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
for me, if the money has to go somewhere it has to go to the rebels.

not necessarily, who are these dudes, where do they come from? In African politics in particular and in Libya as well, its generally warlords. If you look at what this rebellion has evolved into in the past months, its just that. Compare it to say what happened concurrently in Ivory Coast, yet another unfortunately typical African situation. A lot of lives were lost in cruel and callous pitch battles in the street. For a few weeks it was as bad as it every was in Ivory Coast, which is a country that has seen no lack of hardships. Now the international community and foreign military under UN blue helmets gave Outtara and his own warlords and militias the thumbs up, and he moved in his forces even with French air support. Now he and his warlords are firmly in power with full international support. Is Outtaro a better asshole than Gbagbo, of course, it goes without saying. However in the end, what does it really all come down to? The same thing as in Libya..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
Meanwhile, the EU has signed a deal worth 44m euros ($64m; £39m) in aid for the country.Europe's development commissioner Andris Piebalgs, who signed the deal in Ivory Coast, said speed was of the essence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonso
That's a rather histrionic conclusion, don't you think suchfriends? What do you have to say about Gaddafi's hired mercenaries?

And if Gaddafi is such a heartless Hitler and is purely humanitarian intervention, then why is Yemen, Bahrain, and Syria entirely off the hook for what is turning out to be far more atrocious crises. In Libya, Gaddafi is fighting a civil war against an armed uprising, where as in those other places I mentioned genuine, unarmed, civil protesters have been slaughtered in the street by the hundreds now just in a few passing weeks

I do not necessarily say the foreign military should go invade anywhere else, after all, what have the foreign militaries managed to do in Libya? Have they stopped anyone from killing anybody? Nonsense, in fact quite the opposite, the foreign militaries have been having a blast doing what it is that militaries do best, killing people

No, I bring up Syria and Yemen and Ivory Coast to point out exactly to the point that there is something blatantly wrong in Libya, and it looks like it has a lot more do to with money than anything else, after all, there are a dozen larger scale humanitarian crises going on concurrently and yet somehow Libya takes the top priority consistently. And then these rebels have the nerve to ask for $3 BILLION with a straight face? Its literally unprecedented, that is some serious ferria..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|