View Single Post
Old 05.09.2007, 09:13 AM   #25
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone participating in this forum have anything positive, non-paradoxical or demonstratively intelligent to say? I'm beginning to get the feeling that this is not a thinking person's stop on the internet--nor is it a place for true fans of Sonic Youth; but rather just a place where a few people with low self-esteems, chips on their shoulders the size of menhirs, and pathetic deficits in talent and original thought get together to incite disharmony (for all the wrong reasons) and compensate for their shortcomings by castigating those whom they secretly perceive of as their "intellectual superiors." It's not quite as laughably moronic as some of the other forums out there (a la "Rate Your Music", where responses exceeding 3 words might get you labelled a "show-off Ph.D. candidate"), but sometimes it appears to be on the verge.

Having said that, I think King_Buzzo is quite possibly right: Mudhoney probably was--and continues to be--the best of the "classic grunge" bands.(Time flies, doesn't it? When I was attending university in the early 90's, I thought "classic punk" sounded kind of idiosyncratic and anachronistic or premature.) I think they defined grunge musically, lyrically, visually and ideologically more so than any other group to come out of that era.

By the way, has anyone ever seen that old James Gang footage I mentioned in the last post? I'm going to do a search and see if I can locate it on the net. It's a eerie laugh.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|