View Single Post
Old 05.08.2007, 12:41 PM   #21
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
hahahaha, yeah, let's degrade sonic youth and their fans. whoooooo!!

but the part where that guy compares mudhoney to the grateful dead totally redeems this thread. made me laugh a lot.

I hope you were laughing at my dead-on accuracy--no other group that came out of the Seattle grunge scene (itself comparable to the hippie scene of San Francisco circa '67) is so comparable to the Dead in regards to the criteria outlined. If you can name an original grunge band that's still together, has maintained the same looks/wardrobe and values of 20 years ago, and has often veered off Dead-like into the realms of country (check out their '94 EP with Jimmie Dale Gillmore) and blues, then please do so. I'll certainly stand corrected if your arguments add up.

While we're on the subject of "classic grunge in comparison to classic rock," Has anyone ever noted the musical and visual similarities between Nirvana and Joe Walsh's old band, The James Gang? There's some old TV footage of the latter performing "Walk Away" circa 1970--it's like an eerie crystal ball image of what's coming down the pipes in two decades.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|