View Single Post
Old 06.24.2009, 12:41 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
For me, its the Scarcity of Tanks lp "No Endowments".

Been searching for this fucker since I read this review:
SCARCITY OF TANKS: No Endowments LP/CS (TOTAL LIFE SOCIETY) Damn, this tape smokes. I mean it's practically a Saccharine Trust tribute album, but that's a pretty admirable target and Scarcity of Tanks hit a bullseye. Matthew Wascovich, whom you may know from his Cleveland-based Slow Toe imprint, writes and voices the fightin' words and, I assume, plays the screeching and cutting guitar (actually a little more Mark Morgan than Joe Baiza to these ears). No credits so I don't know who the rhythm section is but it is most definitely bass and drums and the players are going for it.(UPDATE: The album features a few different lineups, featuring members from Cleveland bands "x-blank-x, ugly beauty, my dad is dead, prisonshake, pufftube, numbskull, self destruct button," and none other than Weasel Walter contributing guitar, bass, and drums... vinyl version coming out in December soon!)

I saw them live with Bloodyminded once and they really do rip, the comparison to Saccharine Trust is fitting, as the sound resembles that band at its most deconstructed and frantic, which if you ask me, is when they were at thier best. Aside from a few tracks I downloaded, I havn't been able to find this fuker anywhere, not in casette of lp format, its a total drag.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|