View Single Post
Old 09.18.2013, 01:07 PM   #17455
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
the fans expect more. Star Trek was always about more than just the action.

you could say the same thing about the wrath of khan. roddenberry wasn't even involved in the production because the first movie bombed.

read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr...an#Development

what really really failed for me on this one was the casting of bandersnatch as khan. it was a real mistake for me. khan noonien singh? no waii. the original khan was above all a fucking peacock (even the hairdo). this one is-- sherlock!

Quote:
I don't buy it, its just laziness and pandering. Even Star Wars tried to create 'alien' music in the bar scene, maybe it didn't work.

the bar music in star wars was an atrocity, but i really didn't pay too much attention to the music in this one. molehill -> mountain.

Quote:
I'm not asking for an intellectual masterpiece, but some intelligence would be nice. Anyway, as it was explained to me, this franchise of ST is in another time zone, so the studio can do whatever they want with the characters.

you can always watch some ds9 reruns!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|