View Single Post
Old 05.27.2009, 02:56 PM   #172
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
oh and i just listened to the new borbetomagus "snuff jazz" as well, very rad, total noise utopia shit.

finally caved in and got the wiese/yeh album "cincinatti" at no fun, also aa helluva lot better than i expected with its junk noise improv and fucked up atmospherics and awesome percussion sounds. they actually sound amazing together with yeh's scraping psychedelic droning noise sound and wiese's hyper almost grind-esque cut up collage noise thing.

zola jesus finally won me over with "new amsterdam", fucking heavy, alot heavier than i woulda thought.

"balf quarry" is just sounding better and better, i always wanted them to do a hardcore song like they did on the third track.

there have also been some amazing releases by both country teasers and the rebel. read about them all by a far better writer than i steve kobak here;
http://satanrulez.blogspot.com/ though i want to make special mention of the "W.O.A.R." release on Holy Mountain, it is shibby.

cant forget wooden shjips "dos", the band gets better and better.

while im talking about holy mountain ill mention thie release of onna's "S/T" record from 1983. Japanese sci fi punk that makes Chrome sound more Thin Lizzy than Ralph records.

Timmy's Organism is a solo project of the dude from Human Eye, he just put out a double 7" on Sacred Bones. If you love the noisy sci fi punk of Chrome, Debris, and of course Human Eye youll dig this, but keep in mind it goes a little more far off the beaten path.

The album I havn't heard but am most exicted about right now is the new Liquoball album. Liquorball is the scuzziest and punkest psych band out there right now, and to assert this theory the one and only STEVE MACKAY is playing on the record, yknow, the dude who played on some record called FUN HOUSE.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|