View Single Post
Old 03.29.2012, 07:55 AM   #13
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I agree about that SY is the band that could bring noise-elements much more popular than any other. But disagree about the Sperm relating SY, I really hear lots of same in Airaksinenīs 60 stuff and SY SYR-stuff. Of course itīs very possible Thurston and co have never heard Airaksinen, but itīs not also impossible. In the nineties Thurston liked a lot Finnish eighties hardcore. And itīs some US labels that have re-released the Sperm and Airaksinen. Also Sperm guitarist gave Sperm album to Kim Fowley and he ask him to give it to Frank Zappa. Fowley was produsing Wigwam that time in Finland. Anyway Airaksinen was really ahead of his time, because guitar-based noise music started in the other side of the world in the middle of seventies. But he hasnīt do any guitar-noise after seventies.

Sorry I didn't know the history of Sperm or Airaksinen, so i was shooting in the dark and just drawing a quick opinion based on those youtube samples, but i will agree with you in relation to alot of the SYR, I'm very intrigued by both of these groups... as much as its made public how much of a musicologist thurston is, i would be suprised if he knew nothing about this Finnish music... with that said i really dig those youtube tracks and i need to hear more!

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|