View Single Post
Old 01.12.2011, 02:03 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I have never taken a standardized test to evaluate a teacher....I've only filled out surveys. But regardless I have never "stuck it" to the teacher cause I didn't like them or whatever but this is pretty awful.

plus....I hate standardized tests period.

the tests are not teacher evaluations, they are the familiar standardized bubble tests on course content standards such as much competency or history or reading comprehension. The part which plays into teacher evals is to rate teachers not only by their peer evaluations from principals and lead teachers and administrators, which is the current format, but also to include the scores students get on these yearly tests to evaluate teacher success.. But this does not tell a single thing about the actual day to day classroom of that teacher, only how things went that single day are days the test was taken..

What about the kids that are just having a bad day? Those who say fuck it? Those who don't care? Those who want to purposely spite the teacher? Those who just don't do well under pressure? This is precisely why we have used standardized tests for decades, but NEVER thought of using them as individual teacher evaluations or teacher accountability. These have been traditionally used to identify school or district or state wide trends and averages. This is like using student GPAs to evaluate teachers, which is not fair at all, because some kids are bound to get Cs one way or the other and grades do not always tell the success of a teacher in teaching or mentoring kids..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
The Ownership class is going after the last unions - the teachers being one of the largest - they want to destroy all social organization that does not roll up to transnational corpations. They are doing the same thing in NYC, trying to release inane evaluations that are riddled with errors, but Bloomie seems determined to do this.

Amen Amen. In NYC they are pretending to have some success, but the specific techniques of Bloomberg are not what is successfully, its just been the infusion of attention and money which has brought recent success, the NYC school system was not broken, it was just broke (much like here in California)
The Shitstem uses public education to manipulate and brainwash entire generations of americans, they want teachers to become automatons to the shitstem's mantras..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|