View Single Post
Old 07.01.2015, 06:44 AM   #48102
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
For my money, there's truly nothing like, Whitehouse. However, Coil has s few releases that have moments of harshness:

Coil w/ New Blockaders (1984)

How To Destroy Angels
constant shallowness leads to evil too, that one's totally unbridled fury.

am I alone in thinking that coil were at their peak subsequent to the LSD era? perhaps it's because the sound as presented on their purported classics (horse rotorvator, scatology, stolen & contaminated/LSD etc) has been so heavily co-opted by people like trent reznor as to be stripped of its esotericism, but I think it's more so that they just totally realised and nailed the shit out of their foundational vision on the late 90s/early 2ks stuff. once they'd embarked on all the side projects (elph, time machines, black light district which are all stunning) they seemed to return with such an incredibly focused vision, they tapped into something so very unique all culminating beautifully in the ape of naples which really does function as the quintessential coil LP. I don't know how to describe it but christopherson's fascination with nico becomes pretty readily evident when listening to this stuff, there's an air of really intense mysticism to these releases which on the earlier stuff came across as mere 'anger', far more identifiably industrial which to me became a byword for gothic angst post-TG.

also queens of the circulating library is the greatest melody ever written.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|