View Single Post
Old 08.30.2006, 10:01 AM   #14
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
had a great time last night. We skipped the Michael McDonald set and drank and smoked in the parking lot. When Steely Dan came on, it was to Bodhistva (sp?) and into Chase the Dragon (probably my fave SD song).

The mostly 50 & older crowd were way into it. Almost in intellectual appreciation for SD from the crowd.

Other great songs were: Hey 19, My Old School, FM, Josie, Peg, but I think my fave was "Dirty Work". It's from their first lp, and it is immediately recognizable. In fact I didn't know it was their song until they played it so well last night. The two gospel-sounding back-up singers were pure gold. Their voices gave me chills.

Otherwise it was pretty much a straight run-through on the songs. Of course they all sound good, but there wasn't any "oh my gawd" moments of ecstacy. I've always thought Donald Fagen was a bit on the arrogant side, and Walter Becker seems a little too boring on stage.

Great sound though, and again, it sure as hell beats a sharp stick in the eye.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|