View Single Post
Old 08.12.2012, 10:46 PM   #70
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think there is anything wrong with nostalgia. Looking back on one's roots, tracing their own musical journey, can be fun. At least it is for me. Reality is, Nirvana serves little purpose for me these days (sans the fact that I still think they were a killer band), but I'll spend sometimes a week or two out of the year working my way through their catalog/remembering a time + place where music was sort of this new exciting thing for me. Something I felt that I could identify with and would separate my own taste from that of my parents.

I'm not opposed to new music as far as present stuff is concerned, and there are some newer bands I enjoy...that said, discovering something new more often than not means something old I've never came across. Looking back and finding hidden treasures is just something I happen to find enjoyable, and in NO WAY different than those diggin' on some new band that began two or three years ago. Just way too much shit out there right now. Everyone wants to be and can be in a band. It get's overwhelming.