View Single Post
Old 08.11.2012, 01:27 AM   #66
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone

People who "used to buy records" or "used to go out and see bands" make me the saddest.
These people hack me off the most because they often want to chat about music just to start any sentence with ''I used to...'' this or ''I once...'' that. Worse still, and this happened to me again recently with someone who is meant to have started a record label to promote local ''interesting music'' and is apparently known as someone with good taste and a keen interest in music, the best they can say about certain bands is that they used to date a member of Coil or got drunk with a goth band in the 80s. Nothing wrong with doing those things, of course, it's just that it doesn't take me long to separate genuine passion for music from the liggers who only want to complain at what they perceive as ''the state of music'' in 2012 because the last time they bought a record was in 1989. If you add on top the sort of talk you'd expect from someone best suited to writing music reviews for The Guardian, it makes me glad to be in the position I find myself in as a listener right now at my age.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|