View Single Post
Old 08.10.2012, 04:31 PM   #61
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Al this talk of mid-life crisis as a motivator really pisses me off as a middle aged person who has ALWAYS BEEN IN BANDS FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Thurston is a musician. He is a "band person." He likes "music." Like most people with decent taste, he listens to things outside the areas in which he himself has historically played. Jesus. He wants to explore a new avenue in an area of music that he enjoys and is outside his usual stylistic parameters (though I argue that BM has many qualities that appeal to noise/sonic/no wave fans [tremolo chord picking, raw recording quality and dissonance for instance], and those qualities were in fact what got me interested in Burzum in the early/mid 90s and made me a metal fan when I had previously dismissed the entire field out of hand), and I say good for him.

A fucking midlife crisis band is a guy picking up his guitar after "giving up that youthful bullshit" and playing AC/DC covers or Blueshammer shit with his buddies from work at some neighborhood bar.

Thurston is a lifelong musician. He has always made music and will continue to do it. BIG FUCKING SHOCK. No one is levelling the midlife tag at Lee for continuing to make music he enjoys at this point.

I am not super into Twilight (bought the first LP and didn't wind up keeoing it after a few listens), but it's a solid group and has an audience and there are far worse ways Thurston could have scratched his black metal itch.

Zygotes, man. You come back when you're 40+ and we'll see if you're still even remotely cool. If you are, I guess it's a "crisis."

Fuck it.

Well Said Savage

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|