View Single Post
Old 06.19.2017, 01:16 PM   #21
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Glad yr enjoying it. Propeller was the start of the GBV golden era, everything they realsed from then until 1996 is superb. And that is 6 LPs about 6 or 7 EPs and a couple of solo records, and a few live bootlegs and the first Suitcase collection (the first of four collectios each of 100 previously unreleased songs). Outside that era things are less consitent but there are still plenty of great things to find.

Which is why I put Human Amusements At Hourly Rates on my list. We all know most "best of" collections are bullcrap, but this one really gives you a "compact" (over 77 minutes) 411 on GbV from '87 until '03. Just as an example, Isolation Drills, from 2001, may not have the lo-fi charm, but who gives a shit — it features MEGATONIC rockers like "Chasing Heather Crazy" and "Glad Girls".

By the way, guest: THE endless debate among Guided By Voices fans is whether Bee Thousand or Alien Lanes is their greatest album. Faces have been punched over this issue! So please think about getting those bad boys next.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|