Thread: Sonic 2013
View Single Post
Old 06.20.2013, 11:44 PM   #130
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
You can now download the full album for free!

http://capetubbers.bandcamp.com/

Actually, that's not true. That compilation was released a while ago, not sure of the exact date. Cape Tubbers' Bandcamp page has it noted as January 1st, 2011, whereas Dinosaurs in Vietnam's wordpress site states it was on January 1st of 2012. I came across it just a few months ago and found no traces of it being mentioned at Sonic Gossip or any other Sonic Youth related outlet by anyone previously, and so I posted the link to all pertinent places, including the Sonic 2012 thread here. I can see why it would have passed kind of unnoticed (I'm surprised to see you, Stu, taking this as something new). Judging by the posts on that old thread, we were all dealing with the Dumpster Diving Lab fiasco regarding "Play Some Fucking Stooges".

So, the bad news is that the new compilation by Dinosaurs in Vietnam which was supposed to include a new Lee Ranaldo track (according to I Multiply, as they published on their Bandcamp site here) is not out yet even though I do remember it also was noted that the whole thing would be out by the spring of this year (that part is now gone from those notes, though).