View Single Post
Old 07.27.2009, 11:33 AM   #7435
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I watched Eraserhead again last week.

I realized that the entire movie is a morality tale that advises one to keep an independent mindset. Think about it: It's a story of a man who seems to rely on his wife and baby child for happiness in a crumbling society. In comes the lady in the radiator who seems to be an imaginary incarnation of his conscience, singing about heaven. At the very end of Eraserhead, after his wife is gone and the baby is gone and everyone else has faded into darkness, he finds himself in a white haze with nothing else around (no distractions, nothing to fall back on for help) except the lady, which represents his own conscience. The end of the film symbolizes his forming understanding that he must depend only on his inner voice for guidance and a path to contentment while living a life on a decaying planet. Consider "You've got your good things and I've got mine" lyrics: People have their own good things within them to make them happy. Heaven is an ideal world where everyone knows this, thus everything is fine.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|