View Single Post
Old 06.11.2011, 10:28 AM   #35
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
The first three things I'd look for in such a list are Michael Jackson, Abba and Prince. None of which feature. Lots of shit I've not heard of does feature though. Hmm.
I just have understood, why I feel myself a little bit uncomfortable here in SYG. If most people in SYG thinks that the most important thing in the popular culture are M. Jackson, Abba and Prince, then I might be in the wrong company. Someone said in the sixties, that Beatles is something that fits in the youth and the adults. I think Jackson, Prince and ABBA is much more of that. Some kind of feeling of the danger or the creativity of your inner child has been the most important things Iīve been interested about popular culture and those three just donīt have them, altough I donīt mean theyīre not great in their way. These three could never make album like the Stooges Raw Power. Their music sounds too much a kind of perfect product to me. And I donīt mean that "forever young"-bullshit, I have liked to grown old. But Iīm not going to ever grow adult. I have done some things I didnīt mean to (getting married, have children), but I donīt still have a fancy car, yacht, fancy clothes, lots of money. Altough popular culture has become more and more commercial, there are still artists whose music are against this moneymaking world. I know Rolling Stones are more bisnesmen than some others, but still their music sounds like their situation in their very early career.

I think itīs quite a fun in the context of this thread that many in this SYG seem to think Sonic Youth isnīt good anymore. I have thought that fans think SY-members has grown too old and canīt make fresh music anymore. I think SY is one of those artists that refuse to grow adults. So maybe Sonic audience has grown adults and doesnīt like them for that reason?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|